With rising gas prices and the negative impact gas has on the environment, saving gas can only be a good thing.
It’s easy to tell people to ride a bike or take public transportation instead, but that’s not an option for everyone. Here are a few ways to save money on the gas that you do use.
If you are looking for more ways to save gas, you can go here.
- Don’t speed! Remember that driving 50-55 miles per hour is the optimal speed for your car. If you drive any faster than that, you’ll just waste gas.
- Keep your engine tuned up–this can improve your gas mileage by about 4.1 percent.
- Likewise, keep your tires properly inflated. This can improve your gas mileage by about 3.3 percent.
- Group your errands together to decrease the amount of driving time.
- Highway driving is more efficient than surface streets, so take the freeway when possible.
What is your favorite way to use less gas? We look forward to hearing your opinion!